Get That New New.

Image

With all that’s been happening around the office lately, we neglected to mention how much we enjoyed our time at APE 2012. It was great to meet so many of you in person. We would love to meet more of our users and artists. Which events would you like to see us at? We have a list of possibilities, but we would love to know which conventions are your favorites.

So, what’s been going on with us? We just updated to version 2.1.1! Get your update in the App Store for an even better reading experience on your iPhone / iPad Mini. We also added a new feature for our artists — adjustable preview for paid content. Previously, only 3 pages of a paid story could be previewed by a reader.  Now with v.2.1.1, the artist can choose to share as much of the paid story as he or she likes for free.

We’d also like to give major thanks to the following artists for recently joining the Emanata Community: Aaron Whitaker, Erin Mehlos, James Stanton, Brittany Langlois, Emma T. Capps, Thomas Hunter, Jeanette Langmead, Andrew James Christensen, Walter De Leon, Jinru Ong, Richard Dansci, Jon Garza, Angeliki Salamaliki, Mathilde Tollec, Sandra González, Pat Barrett, Alex Murray-Clark, Patt Kelley, Annie Stoll, Sam Sharpe, Kristopher White, Vera Greentea, Nicholas Doan, Doctor Popular, Alfie Gallagher, Matt Sheean, Bob Flynn, Devin Kraft, Erik Taylor, and Jerel Dye.

We love their work, and know that you do too.

We promise to try to update this blog regularly, but to really keep up with the latest Emanata happenings, we recommend you ‘like’ us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.  =)

– Tara

Advertisements

Paid Content/In-App Purchase for Artists.

When we launched 1.0 this past Spring, it was (and is) very important to us to build an artist-centric submission based system. We believe in championing the indie artist community. So, based upon the feedback we received from artists, we have added an in-app purchase feature for artists to use to sell their work through Emanata.

Here are some more details on how in-app purchase works:

  • Selling digital content through Apple requires Emanata follows Apple’s In-App Purchase guideline.
  • You set the price of your comics according to Apple’s pricing tier system ($0.99, $1.99, $2.99, etc.).  You retain the rights to your work, including the right to sell your work elsewhere.
  • Apple takes a 30% cut on each sales. Emanata and the artist will equally share the remaining 70%.

As always, if you would like to provide your story for free to our readers to increase your readership and following, Emanata is happy to host your work for free.

If you have questions regarding paid content, please contact us at artist@emanata.co

Thanks!

-george.

A Message to the Emanata Artist Community.

It’s finally time for us to share some exciting news with you — we are pleased to announce the launch of Emanata 2.0!

Please download the new version of the app. I hope you are as excited as we are about 2.0.  I’m looking forward to hearing what you think!

We believe our contributing artists are the most important component of Emanata, and want to keep the Emanata artist community vibrant. Therefore, in 2.0 we’ve rolled out a couple of new artist-centric features:

— Artist Profile Page: each of our contributors now have a dedicated space within the app where readers can find, follow, and interact with the artists’ stories.

— In-App Purchases: artists may now opt to sell their stories via Apple’s iTunes payment system. We will always provide free content for readers to discover great artists and stories. However, we believe that Emanata can also become a revenue source for an artist and turn his or stories into more than an avocation.

It’s a big week for you and for us between our launch, NYCC, and APE! Please make sure to stop by and say hi to us at APE  this weekend. We’ll be at Table 934.  

Thank you so much for helping us to grow our community — we couldn’t have done it without your continued contributions of stories, support, and feedback.

-george.